MycoTechnology helps the food industry create healthier products without excessive sugar, salt, and fat by working with the natural transformative power of mushrooms to make new-to-the-world food ingredients. Their flagship product, ClearIQ™, is the world's first organic bitter blocker and flavor clarifier that helps cleanup the taste of functional ingredients and is a powerful tool in the fight against sugar and sodium. FermentIQ™ protein filled the void in the plant-based protein market, creating a complete plant protein with improved nutrition and functionality.
MycoTechnology, the world’s leading explorer of mycelia, isseeking a passionate writer with food science/plant-based experience to joinour growing and dynamic marketing team! This is an ideal role for juniormarketers ready to take the next steps in their career, or food technologyexperts looking to expand their skillset into marketing. Candidates shouldconsider themselves proficient writers, able to synthesize complex topics intoeasily understood, relatable stories for marketing purposes.
Due to the importance of this role on our team, pleaseexpect an assessment process that will include multiple stakeholders andwritten assignments. Drafting content based on notes, summaries and messagemaps will be paramount. Experience with both technical and consumer proofpoints will also be viewed very favorably. Most importantly, your passion tolearn and grow with our vision and mission will be vital.
• Quickly edit and publish clear, concise, and accurate marketing collateral, including but not limited to, articles, sales collateral and landing pages.
• Write clear, persuasive, and compelling B2B content that drives education and awareness of Myco’s core products in relation to the CPG/Retail industry
• Write marketing copy that reflects ongoing optimization of favorable B2B keyword terms and follows brand tone-of-voice guidelines
• Conduct communication audits to influence copy recommendations across Myco’s B2B channels including web, newsletter, blog, Linkedin, sales collateral, and more.
• Collaborate with internal and external partners to develop best practices for improved writing skills
• Work with internal stakeholders and supporting partners to strategize on content pillars and strategy
• Write short and long-form content based on message maps, notes, and/or summaries.
• Research content and consumer trends to ensure content is relevant and appealing
• Use content management and other publishing tools for the production, organization, and aggregation of content.
• Communicate and work effectively cross-team
• Facilitate stakeholder review by seamlessly integrating feedback from legal, regulatory, and technical teams
• Other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree in marketing, literature, journalism, communications, or a related field or 4+ years of professional equivalent experience
• Three (3) years to fives (5) of experience in written content creation, marketing, communications or other related field
• Experience in writing various types of content such as ebooks, whitepapers, infographics, guides, blogs, etc.
• Experience managing blog articles and/or an email newsletter strategy
• Experience or relevant exposure working in food science or plant-based food products
• Familiarity with content management systems, design layout tools, and MS Office
• Excellent written and verbal communications skills
• Natural collaborator and contributor to positive, productive team dynamics.
• Willingness to travel at least 10%.
• Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment, able to influence across the organization.
• Passion to learn!
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit; stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee must be able to frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 30 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
The above job description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions, and perform any other related duties, as assigned by their supervisor.
Incorporated in 2013, Aurora, Colorado based MycoTechnology, Inc. is a food technology company that harnesses the metabolic engine of mushrooms, known as mycelium, to create novel ingredients that solve the food industry’s biggest challenges. Our innovative ingredients and transformative technology offer solutions for sugar reduction, food insecurity, sustainable protein, natural immune support, and much more. For more information, please visit www.mycoiq.com.