MycoTechnology helps the food industry create healthier products without excessive sugar, salt, and fat by working with the natural transformative power of mushrooms to make new-to-the-world food ingredients. Their flagship product, ClearIQ™, is the world's first organic bitter blocker and flavor clarifier that helps cleanup the taste of functional ingredients and is a powerful tool in the fight against sugar and sodium. FermentIQ™ protein filled the void in the plant-based protein market, creating a complete plant protein with improved nutrition and functionality.
MycoTechnology is searching for a qualified, innovative Production/ProcessEngineer to join our growing organization. In this position, you will overseeand improve production processes in our facility. Engineering aptitude, a highattention to detail, and the ability to optimize production processes formaximum efficiency are necessary skills for this role.
The Production/ProcessEngineer analyzes business methods and finds efficient alternatives. Responsiblefor determining operations to produce products and develops processes to ensurequality, cost and efficiency requirements are met. This position troubleshootsproblems with production and takes corrective action. Researches the purchaseof equipment or upgrades to existing equipment. The Production Engineer willreport directly to the Plant Manager.
- Assist in overseeing plant operations, including safety, efficiency, product quality, and maintenance.
- Responsible for monitoring and analyzing day-to-day production results, from which he/she will develop findings, draw conclusions, and make recommendations. Investigate and troubleshoot any problems that arise with processes, procedures, and operations.
- Will set area priorities, assign work to staff and mentor employees. Provides technical supervision and instructions to Plant Operations team.
- Utilize engineering knowledge to assess process, procedures, and parameters, then recommend methods and / or modifications to optimize the process.
- Have ownership of operations related training and coaching of plant personnel for the Plant Operations team.
- Works with maintenance and engineering to achieve a high level of process efficiency and plant reliability.
- Assures product quality by ensuring the necessary quality control checks are being tested and the necessary process adjustments are executed to maintain in-specification finished product.
- Responsible for meeting production requirements within time and budget, considering constraints agreed upon in advance.
- Provides manufacturing decision-making information by calculating production, labor, and material costs; reviewing production schedules; estimating future requirements.
- Clearly and effectively communicate ideas and findings to management and colleagues.
- Contributes to the design of engineering projects, ideas for safer, cost-effective, and/or new techniques.
- Develops and oversees implementation of new plant operational processes and procedures.
- Performs varied technical functions and economic evaluations. Collects and evaluates information from multiple sources and incorporates related information into processes.
- In collaboration with the Quality Assurance/Control team, assist to develop and implement quality control measures that effectively monitor products and guarantees desired results.
- Follow and adhere to all state, federal and company enforced safety rules and regulations.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or related discipline required. Chemical Engineering degree preferred.
- 2+ years proven experience in process, production, engineering, and project engineering.
- Uses basic knowledge of the process to solve problems and recommends corrective actions.
- Has conducted engineering projects. Applies standard engineering theories, concepts, and techniques and applies a working knowledge of related disciplines.
- Introductory PLC Programming understanding & experience.
- Demonstrates the ability to do material and energy balances for key unit operations in their assigned process area.
- Understanding of complex process problems and ability to develop, recommend and implement cost effective solutions.
- Strong skills in communication (verbal and written) and will be a leader for plant operations.
- Employee works with integrity and upholds the values of the organization.
- Ability to analyze, evaluate, and test new and optimize existing processes.
- Strong safety awareness and knowledge, always adhering to safety procedures (LTT) and SOPs.
- Possesses strong interpersonal skills, and ability to work independently and with a team.
- Proficiency using Microsoft Suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
- Background in food ingredient, fermentation, and / or grain processing a plus.
- Knowledge of low voltage industrial communication (4-20mA analog and 24VDC digital) a plus.
Salary Range: $67,400 - $101,100
Incorporated in 2013, Aurora, Colorado based MycoTechnology, Inc. is a food technology company that harnesses the metabolic engine of mushrooms, known as mycelium, to create novel ingredients that solve the food industry’s biggest challenges. Our innovative ingredients and transformative technology offer solutions for sugar reduction, food insecurity, sustainable protein, natural immune support, and much more. For more information, please visit www.mycoiq.com.