MycoTechnology helps the food industry create healthier products without excessive sugar, salt, and fat by working with the natural transformative power of mushrooms to make new-to-the-world food ingredients. Their flagship product, ClearIQ™, is the world's first organic bitter blocker and flavor clarifier that helps cleanup the taste of functional ingredients and is a powerful tool in the fight against sugar and sodium. FermentIQ™ protein filled the void in the plant-based protein market, creating a complete plant protein with improved nutrition and functionality.
TheParalegal will assist company attorneys by providing clerical, organizational,and research support services, including organizing and maintaining signedagreements, and assisting the Legal Department with day-to-day operations suchas document preparation and review, recordkeeping and records management,research, fact checking, and collaborating with internal and external parties.
- Assist with document preparation (memos, presentations, emails, letters, standard contracts)
- Shepherd contracts through the approval and signature processes and ensure all needed corresponding documents are executed
- Effectively manage the full in-house contract lifecycle, including organizing, archiving, record retention and follow-up regarding renewal or termination of contracts
- Research and analyze statutes, regulations, legal articles, judicial decisions, and other legal sources as needed
- Provide day-to-day administrative support to the Legal Department
- Collaborate with legal team members to identify and implement process improvements
- Build cross-functional relationships with team members
- Collaborate with and update team members on legal matters impacting their department
- Obtain and maintain a solid knowledge of the company’s business
- Undertake and assist with other matters for the legal team as needed
Otherduties as assigned.
$60,000 - $75,000
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Paralegal certificate or Associates degree in Paralegal Studies or related field required.
- 4+ years related experience required.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational, multi-tasking and time management skills with strong attention to detail.
- Effective interpersonal and organizational skills.
- High degree of professional ethics and integrity.
- Demonstrated ability to work productively with minimal supervision
- Flexible and open to change in a high volume fast paced environment.
- Ability to establish and maintain strong relationships within the organization.
- Proficient in Adobe, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Bachelor’s degree in Paralegal Studies or related field preferred.
- Prior in-house or corporate experience working with transactional group preferred.