MycoTechnology helps the food industry create healthier products without excessive sugar, salt, and fat by working with the natural transformative power of mushrooms to make new-to-the-world food ingredients. Their flagship product, ClearIQ™, is the world's first organic bitter blocker and flavor clarifier that helps cleanup the taste of functional ingredients and is a powerful tool in the fight against sugar and sodium. FermentIQ™ protein filled the void in the plant-based protein market, creating a complete plant protein with improved nutrition and functionality.
The Packaging Technician is responsible for the packaging offinished product into 50 lb. and 25 kg bags. The position is the last line ofdefense for ensuring that the finished product is accurately weighed and safefor customers. Requires knowledge of respective SOPs and safety procedures andshould be mechanically inclined to operate the packaging equipment. ThePackaging Technician is a support role for other areas within manufacturing.
- Operates packaging equipment to pack finished product into 50 lb. and 25 kg poly-lined bags.
- Responsible for ensuring bag weights are accurate and within the specified tolerance, metal detector is operating correctly, and pallets are stacked to specification.
- Follow Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and Safety Procedures.
- Perform Packaging Technician duties including but not limited to; filling and sealing bags, manual – lifting while putting bags on pallets, labeling pallets, stretch wrapping pallets, and obtaining in-process & finished product samples.
- Perform preventive maintenance on packaging equipment.
- Perform Lock/Tag/Try permit procedures for process/equipment.
- Report defective materials, equipment issues, or questionable conditions to the Production Supervisor.
- Ensure work area and equipment are maintained in a clean and orderly condition.
- Recognize out of conformance product and escalate as necessary for resolution.
- Operate forklift safely.
- High school diploma or GED.
- Strong safety awareness, always adhering to safety procedures and SOPs.
- Ability to understand and follow written and verbal job instructions.
- Ability to read and understand documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and written procedures.
- Have mechanical equipment aptitude to realize when the packaging equipment needs adjustments and/or maintenance.
- Effective interpersonal skills working with and influencing people with different backgrounds and job functions.
- Ability to troubleshoot various operational conditions and a recommend potential solutions.
- Strong communication skills.
- Be a team player; work well with others.
- Be productive and stay on task with little or no supervision.
- Operate a computer at a basic level.
Incorporated in 2013, Aurora, Colorado based MycoTechnology, Inc. is a food technology company that harnesses the metabolic engine of mushrooms, known as mycelium, to create novel ingredients that solve the food industry’s biggest challenges. Our innovative ingredients and transformative technology offer solutions for sugar reduction, food insecurity, sustainable protein, natural immune support, and much more. For more information, please visit www.mycoiq.com.