MycoTechnology helps the food industry create healthier products without excessive sugar, salt, and fat by working with the natural transformative power of mushrooms to make new-to-the-world food ingredients. Their flagship product, ClearIQ™, is the world's first organic bitter blocker and flavor clarifier that helps cleanup the taste of functional ingredients and is a powerful tool in the fight against sugar and sodium. FermentIQ™ protein filled the void in the plant-based protein market, creating a complete plant protein with improved nutrition and functionality.
If you are passionate about building a career in sales, motivated by the grit and purpose of truly impacting our food industry, and committed to building a great culture, the Inside Sales Associate position at MycoTechnology could be the perfect find. If you thrive in the unknown, are a curious learner, and driven by growth, then this is a great spot to keep reading.
What we’re looking for.
MycoTechnology is an early-stage company that holds on strongly to the entrepreneurial spirit that got us off the ground in the first place. That means we’re focused on our culture we’re driving accelerated growth, and we’re acting as owners.
Focused on Culture.
Working at MycoTechnology requires someone who is values-oriented committed to the development of a growing organization and its culture and self-motivated to drive growth in all aspects of the organization. An emerging leader in the industry, like MycoTechnology, requires a mindset of abundance in a reality of working within a company at a younger life stage. It requires someone who understands the mission we’ve deliberately chosen to pursue, a passion for furthering our cause, and a tenacity for continuing forward amid an evolving business model.
Driving Accelerated Growth.
Selling at MycoTechnology requires an entrepreneurial mindset from someone who is organized, curious, and driven. Relationships, curiosity, and boldness are key. Internally, the Inside Sales Associate must establish strong relationships throughout the organization, as resourcefulness and leveraging our experts is key to credibility and progress. Externally, Inside Sales Associates must establish, maintain, and further develop relationships, fostering the right relationships to deliver growth. They need to research and truly understand the customer to align on a common understanding of our business fit. And they must continually reinforce our value and protect and grow our business, as customers are at the heart of all we do.
Acting as Owners.
Inside Sales Associates are the point person and owner of all aspects of driving profitable business-to-business sales growth with prospects and developing accounts in each geography. This includes identifying growth potential and driving growth in existing accounts and finding and closing new opportunities for growth with prospective clients. Our process starts with researching customer needs based on a baseline understanding of the account, our business, and where a fit might exist and integrating that into a strategic quarterly business plan. It develops from there into establishing the business fit with customers, identifying actions, and proactively promoting and selling a solution as the expert in our space. This requires networking, researching, collaborating, and above all, asking for what we want. The Inside Sales Associate owns this entire process.
At the most basic level, there are three keys to selling that make up the core of responsibilities for this role: Research, Develop, Close. Driven by an understanding of corporate strategy and objectives, these three areas exist in the physical and virtual worlds to represent the core of the Inside Sales Associate responsibilities.
- Define target accounts and build a detailed quarterly account plan.
- Develop an understanding of those accounts and where our potential business fit lies.
- Research directly with customers to refine that fit.
- Develop internal and external relationships to drive MycoTechnology deeper in organizations to gain trust, insight, and direction.
- Leverage our unique value proposition and our subject matter experts as it best applies to the customer to uncover opportunities proactively and reactively, building a pipeline of qualified opportunities to pursue.
- Create opportunities to engage current clients to protect and grow our core business and forums to build our good name and reputation with customers such that we promote relationship progression, build our business opportunities, and close profitable business.
- Drive business to close by aligning MycoTechnology products and unique value propositions with dominant buying motives of the customer, ensuring that we present these solutions to the right decision maker.
- Pursue upselling and cross selling opportunities to further accelerate growth across defined current buying customers.
Like many opportunities, this does require some administrative work.
- Administrative activities in this role include maintaining all customer-related details (calls and call reports, pipeline/projects, complaints, etc.) within Salesforce.com, accurately forecasting sales, engaging on customer cases/complaints, and creating strategic territory plans, and other internal and external reports, presentations, and communications as needed to effectively support our growth commitment to the organization.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience Required:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or Food Science
- 0-3 years of sales experience in ingredient or flavor sales in foods & beverages
- Measurable track record performing in school, organizations, and internships/jobs.
- Expressed understanding of strategic selling and value-based selling
- Measured ability to build strong relationships and partner internally and externally across all levels of the organization, including key decision makers
- Strong organizational and analytical capabilities
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Demonstrated competency in virtual selling and videoconferencing tools
- Service mindset to ensure customer satisfaction/resolution
- Strong project management skills
- Strong Influencing skills to deliver business imperatives
- Required overnight travel in North America between0-10%
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, Salesforce.com, Videoconferencing platforms
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit; stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee must be able to frequently lift and/or move up to 30pounds. Be able to bend and squat while performing duties. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
Incorporated in 2013, Aurora,Colorado based MycoTechnology, Inc. is a food technology company that harnessesthe metabolic engine of mushrooms, known as mycelium, to create novelingredients that solve the food industry’s biggest challenges. Our innovativeingredients and transformative technology offer solutions for sugar reduction,food insecurity, sustainable protein, natural immune support, and much more. For moreinformation, please visit www.mycoiq.com.