MycoTechnology helps the food industry create healthier products without excessive sugar, salt, and fat by working with the natural transformative power of mushrooms to make new-to-the-world food ingredients. Their flagship product, ClearIQ™, is the world's first organic bitter blocker and flavor clarifier that helps cleanup the taste of functional ingredients and is a powerful tool in the fight against sugar and sodium. FermentIQ™ protein filled the void in the plant-based protein market, creating a complete plant protein with improved nutrition and functionality.
This role leads/supports programs and projects that drive customer awareness of the culinary utilization of MycoTechnology ingredients, both current and innovations. Developing protocepts based upon trends in food, flavor, and innovation within the global culinary scene. Partnering with the Sales, Applications, Marketing, and the Growth Strategy teams to initiate creative partnerships and ecosystems within our customer space.
Deliver a wide array of culinary services including:
- Formulated new product concepts, improving, refining, and advancing our customer experience.
- Creating and standardizing Application demos that are culinary gold-standards. Providing videos and photography to perpetuate customer experience and provide static collateral for future utilization.
- Developing recipes that capitalize on trends research and add differentiated value to our customers.
- Organizing and execution of internal and external culinary training demonstrations that inspire culinary creativity and team building.
- Developing and executing culinary demonstrations at customers locations and trade shows, focused on our product line and its positive impact.
- Culinary Expertise- Use culinary techniques and creativity to plan, guide and support the development of concepts and products.
- Demos - Works in conjunction with Application’s Scientists to create demonstrations of our ingredients and their impact on the organoleptic and nutritional properties of customer applicable foods. Documenting results for repeatability.
- Mentoring and coaching – A key supporter of culinary education and the transfer of learnings developed to our technical teams and beyond. Keeping our team’s culinary skills up to date.
- Training - Responsible for training internal and customer personnel on products, concepts and culinary trends and techniques that capitalize on our ingredient’s functional properties
- Culinary Presentations- Leads/supports the development, coordination, and the execution of product-based presentations showcasing innovation through culinary products and business solutions both internally and externally.
- Customer Interaction - Leads ideations and prototype sessions for partners & internal departments local, regionally, and globally.
- Partnership - Develops & maintains relationships with new and existing partners and ventures, to the advantage of MycoTechnology.
- BS Food Science or equivalent in work experience.
- AOS Degree in Culinary Arts or equivalent.
- Certification as Research Chef is preferred.
- 5 years’ experience as a chef (restaurant, hotel or other).
- Minimum 3 years’ experience as a Corporate Chef.
- 3 years’ experience in Product Development, R&D or education.
- Knowledge of manufacturing processes and equipment within commercial/factory environment.
- Proficient computer skills; including PowerPoint, Excel, Word and Outlook.
- Travel will be sporadic, but expectations are in excess of 33%
- This is a role currently based in Denver, CO with the expectation that it would be required to be in the kitchen and lab on a regular basis
- This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Physical Demands:
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit; stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee must be able to frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 30 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
- The above job description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions, and perform any other related duties, as assigned by their supervisor.
Incorporated in 2013, Aurora, Colorado based MycoTechnology, Inc. is a foodtechnology company that harnesses the metabolic engine of mushrooms, known asmycelium, to create novel ingredients that solve the food industry’s biggestchallenges. Our innovative ingredients and transformative technology offersolutions for sugar reduction, food insecurity, sustainable protein, naturalimmune support, and much more. For more information, please visitwww.mycoiq.com.