MycoTechnology helps the food industry create healthier products without excessive sugar, salt, and fat by working with the natural transformative power of mushrooms to make new-to-the-world food ingredients. Their flagship product, ClearIQ™, is the world's first organic bitter blocker and flavor clarifier that helps cleanup the taste of functional ingredients and is a powerful tool in the fight against sugar and sodium. FermentIQ™ protein filled the void in the plant-based protein market, creating a complete plant protein with improved nutrition and functionality.
The Corporate Counsel is responsible for reviewing,negotiating and drafting agreements (e.g. NDAs, consulting agreements) andother documents relating to the Company’s business, and providing legal adviceand opinions in areas of law affecting the Company’s operations. This positionworks with every department to ensure best legal practice and policy, works ona vast array of different issues on a day-to-day basis, and ensures the Companyremains compliant with relevant rules and regulations.
• Draft, review and negotiate commercial agreements and other documents
• Provide timely and pragmatic advice on legal and business issues
• Perform legal analysis and research on relevant matters
• Prepare, review and update company policies and procedures as necessary
• Build cross-functional relationships within and across departments
• Collaborate with and update team members on legal matters impacting their department
• Obtain and maintain a solid knowledge of the company’s business
• Undertake and assist with other legal matters as needed
· Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
• JD from accredited law school.
• Licensed to practice law and in good standing in at least one state bar.
• Minimum four years transactional law experience in a law firm or corporate setting.
• Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
• Solid legal research and analysis skills with strong attention to detail.
• Ability to work productively with minimal supervision.
• Strong organizational, multi-tasking and time management skills.
• Exercises sound judgment with practical, business-oriented solutions
• Flexible and open to change in a fast-paced environment.
• Effective interpersonal skills across all levels of an organization.
• Proficient in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, AdobePDF.
• Colorado Bar admission.
• Business experience
• Food industry experience.
Salary Range: $90.4K-$113K-$135.6K
Incorporated in 2013, Aurora, Colorado based MycoTechnology, Inc. is a food technology company that harnesses the metabolic engine of mushrooms, known as mycelium, to create novel ingredients that solve the food industry’s biggest challenges. Our innovative ingredients and transformative technology offer solutions for sugar reduction, food insecurity, sustainable protein, natural immune support, and much more. For more information, please visit www.mycoiq.com.