MycoTechnology helps the food industry create healthier products without excessive sugar, salt, and fat by working with the natural transformative power of mushrooms to make new-to-the-world food ingredients. Their flagship product, ClearIQ™, is the world's first organic bitter blocker and flavor clarifier that helps cleanup the taste of functional ingredients and is a powerful tool in the fight against sugar and sodium. FermentIQ™ protein filled the void in the plant-based protein market, creating a complete plant protein with improved nutrition and functionality.
The Assistant Scientist, as a team member, supports key technicalaspects of inter-divisional projects and performs laboratory work under thesupervision of the Senior Scientist. Projects include continuous monitoring ofongoing experiments, data collection, media preparation, and other tasks insupport of the ongoing projects.
- Performs lab activities in support of key experiments, ensures the execution of high-quality practical work and method development
- Identifies problems, analyzes possible causes and suggests improvements in methods, techniques, and equipment
- Participates in data interpretation and assists in incremental improvement of current procedures and protocols
- Participates in the development and validation of new practical scientific methods/procedures where appropriate
- Documents procedures, maintains lab notebook, delivers concise reports on finished projects and organizes (as needed) their distribution
- Safety minded and assures compliance with all HS&E procedures and proactively propose improvements
- Maintains and serves as example for clean and well-organized laboratory workspace
- Independently and efficiently uses all internal tools for data collection/recording and administration
- Administrative support on Technical Team.
- Other duties as assigned.
Skills Required/Technical Expertise
- Lead and support with equal vigor.
- Plan and lead projects of varying complexity with minimal supervision.
- Make recommendations on new products and processes.
- Assess the feasibility of proposed projects and generate alternative solutions.
- Research consumer and/or competitive trends to provide ideas for new product development or improvement of existing products.
- Communicate effectively and influence project direction both internally and externally.
- Minimum requirement: Bachelor's degree in Food Science, Culinary studies or a related field (MS preferred)
- 1-3 years of experience preferred.
- The incumbent must possess leadership, cost consciousness, communication skills, and diplomacy that will promote good relations with internal/external clients and other technical and scientific disciplines in the effective execution of projects to accomplish the MycoTechnology’s objectives.
- Requires a team-oriented mentality
- Progressive analytical software skills: Salesforce, Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook, Office, PowerPoint
- Superior written and verbal communication skills
- The ability to travel approximately 30% of the time.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience Required:
- Bachelor’s degree in chemistry, biology, microbiology, molecular biology, Food Science or relevant field from an accredited college or university
- Technical knowledge in biology and bioanalysis
- Good organizational skills with strong attention to detail
- Able to work on multiple projects simultaneously
- Able to work in a team and adapt to a dynamic work environment including changing priorities and quick turnaround projects
- Effective verbal and written communication skills to present ideas in an understandable, non-technical manner to internal and external constituencies
- Excellent record-keeping skills
- •Able to work a flexible schedule
- Supervisory Responsibilities:
- This job has minimal supervisory responsibilities.
- Work Environment:
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Physical Demands:
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit; stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee must be able to frequently lift and/or move up to 30 pounds. Be able to bend and squat while performing duties. Be comfortable climbing ladders, conveyors, working at heights and on steel grating. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision. The above job description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions, and perform any other related duties, as assigned by their supervisor.
Incorporated in 2013, Aurora, Colorado based MycoTechnology, Inc. is a food technology company that harnesses the metabolic engine of mushrooms, known as mycelium, to create novel ingredients that solve the food industry’s biggest challenges. Our innovative ingredients and transformative technology offer solutions for sugar reduction, food insecurity, sustainable protein, natural immune support, and much more. For more information, please visit www.mycoiq.com.